Everyone who has ever seen a travel blog, food blog, or review site (i.e. Yelp, TripAdvisor, etc.) knows that each one has its own rating system.
Since this blog is focused on the proximity of a travel destination to home, affordability of the trip, family and pet friendliness, adventure factors, and so much more…I have decided to lay out the BRW (Back Road Warrior) Travel Rating System that will accompany a destination article.
Each article will be broken down into one or more of the following categories with an accompanying rating of 1-5 (1 being the worst and 5 being the best).
Here are some examples of categories being rated:
- Wee Warrior Approved (Family Friendly)
- Throw the Dog a Bone (Dog Friendly)
- Your Wallet Thanks You (Cost Conscience)
- The Adventurer Wears Columbia (For the Adventurer)
- History Buffs Beware (For the History Buff)
- Are We There Yet? (Drive Time)
- Foodie Frenzy (For the Food Freak)
- Scotland Got Nothing On These Greens (For the Golf Enthusiast)
- Watch out Instagram (Better have a camera – these places are photo worthy)
- Where Teddy Bears Have Their Picnic (No places to eat, better pack a picnic)
- And more… (this is where YOU come in)
Do you have any ideas for categories you would like to know about for any given destination? Comment below or go to the Contact page and send me a note!
I would love to hear from you!